|Job Detail||Sign In|
Lifeguard: Wasatch Aquatic Center
• Must be at least 15 years of age
• Ability to communicate effectively and accurately.
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
• CPR for the Professional Rescuer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
• Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
• Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
• Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
Performs general duties as needed to oversee the operation and safety of the school district swimming pool.
Works under the general supervision of Swimming Pool Director, Assistant Swimming Pool Director and Senior Lifeguard
Participates as a lifeguard at the school district swimming pool during early morning, nighttime, weekend and holiday hours.
Responsible for the implementation of lifesaving protocols in the absence of, but under the direction of, the swimming pool manager
Maintains certification as a lifeguard through the attendance of on site inservice training.
Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
Assists staff in general upkeep and maintenance duties. Helps in cleaning of facility halls, locker rooms, class rooms, and storage rooms.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned